Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Parent Homework Already?

                                                                     August 20, 2014
Dear Parents,
        Welcome to 3rd grade at Lake Carolina!  I am excited to work with you and your child this year.  In order for me to get to know your child better, I have a “homework assignment” for you.  Please write a letter to me telling me about your child.  Here is a list of possible questions that you may want to answer in your letter:

*What does your child enjoy doing during his/her free time?
*What subjects in school does your child enjoy most? Least?
*What is your child’s learning style? Is your child a visual learner, an auditory learner, or does he/she learn best by doing?
*Does your child enjoy nature, art, music, and/or sports?
*Does your child enjoy working with a group or alone?
*What are your child’s strengths and weaknesses?
*Are there any special needs that may need to be addressed in the classroom?
*How does your child respond to work that is challenging?

        Please write (or type) and return your letter with your child at your earliest convenience.  Thank you for taking the time to write to me.  I appreciate your support in helping me to better know and understand your child!
                                                               
Sincerely,

Ms. Wilson